FOTOTÄVLING "Solens roll - när jag får bestämma"
1-31 maj via webben
Fototävling som arrangeras av Norrbottens energikontor tillsammans med energi- och klimatrådgivarna i Norrbotten och Västerbotten.
Tävlingsbidragen kommer att visas på Nenets hemsida och facebook-sida.
Follow the development of NNCC project
Read our latest Newsletter to find out what we are doing and how You can get involved!
NNCC in media:
- Ilmastonmuutos vaikeuttaa puunkorjuuta (NNCC training in Pudasjärvi, Oulu Arc Subregion, Finland)
- Vil gjöre Narvikfjellet sexy og sommerlig (NNCC training in Narvik, Norway)
- Unga miljöexterter i Övertorneå (NNCC school activities in Övertorneå, Sweden)
- Klimatkunskap i norr (NNCC regional training in Luleå, Sweden)
Climate Change in the Arctic
Climate change and its effects in the (Sub-) Arctic are serious environmental and economic issues threatening the future in the North. Average annual temperature in the Arctic has increased by app. double the increase in global average temperature. The European North is one of the areas that will undergo significant changes in the coming decades, demanding a special attention on ecological, economical and social issues.
Important business branches such as fishing, forestry, energy production, tourism and reindeer herding are amongst those that will be affected first and most. There is an urgent need to adequately adapt to changes: to avoid risks and also to benefit from new business opportunities by creating sustainable development.
NNCC is working on:
- specific tools for climate protection for municipalities, organisations and schools on the local and regional level
- a platform for stakeholders
- an annual international forum for information exchange
- trainings for local decion-makers and SMEs
- trainings for teachers and students